Habits and personal effectiveness
Why don't you always do what you want to?
Sometimes it can be easy to forget we are in charge of our behaviour. We blame the environment, other people, our circumstances...but there is a smarter way.
By understanding how we are wired to think and behave we can shape better outcomes for ourselves and others. That means making our habits work for us, being more productive, and using our innate talents to more easily move through the world.
I'd like to help you do that.
Free habits inventory
This quick survey will help you clarify which habits may need your attention and provide tips along the way. Your answers will be emailed to you for your records.
The How of Habits book
Using behavioural science to make and break habits
When it comes to habits, the question is not why or what, but how.
In The How of Habits, I bring the best of behavioural science together to address:
- why we have habits
- common traps we fall into when trying to change
- tricks we can use to make it easier, and
- ways to bust the baddest of habits
Available in print, PDF and e-book formats.Find out more
Habit hacks: How to trick yourself to healthier habits (seminar)
- Despite best intentions we often do things that are not good for us. Eating too much, drinking too much and exercising too little for a start. Find out how to hack your habits to trick yourself into doing the right thing more of the time. Available as seminar and webinar.
The How of Habits: How to make and break habits
- Habits are the foundation of a healthy life, yet making good ones and breaking bad ones is hard. Find out the simple reason you may have struggled in the past and what to do differently this time. Available as seminar and webinar.
Maria Var Der Linden
I love the down to earth simplicity of The How of Habits, and the examples which you provide to make it easy to understand. I have got a lot out of it, it's a great tool for professionals & indeed everyone.
I just wanted to take a moment to say thanks for your very thought provoking presentation. I bought my partner along, and we spent the next 2 hours over dinner discussing how we might set a path for changing habits in our relationship. I have also found I am questioning the way I have done things for almost 9 years in my business and have started the 66 day journey of a new habit. I highly recommend Bri as an ambassador of change to enable you or your business to identify how to start making new habits for a more rewarding life.
GM, Golden Door Elysia
A snappy, practical and scientific guide, The How of Habits is a MUST read not only for the thousands of guests I meet every year who struggle with poor choices on a daily basis, but for anyone who is seeking to make and sustain positive changes in their life.